Today, various platforms provide easy, quick, and secure means of making payments online. Skrill is a good example of such a company and it has over a million users. With its excellent customer reviews, users are sure to experience top-notch customer service on the platform.
Ready to learn more about Skrill in Nigeria? Continue reading this review.
What is Skrill?
Skrill is an online payment system that enables users to send and receive money across the globe. It offers a variety of payment options including bank transfers, bank cards, etc.
Formerly known as Moneybookers, Skrill was established on July 27 2001in the United Kingdom and is operated by Paysafe Payment Solutions Limited. It is available in about 131 countries including Nigeria with its digital wallet offered in over 40 countries.
Does Skrill work in Nigeria?
Skrill works perfectly in Nigeria. Residents in Nigeria can make payments, transfer funds and shop online using Skrill. It works like a typical bank account.
Several banks in Nigeria support Skrill. They include; First Bank, Access Bank, First City Monument Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, and Union Bank. Nigerian residents can also register on Skrill at no cost.
Opening a Skrill Account in Nigeria
Opening a Skrill account is straightforward. All you need is an email address and other basic information. However, Skrill offers both Personal and Business accounts.
The Personal account is created for individuals who want to use Skrill for online transactions such as transferring money, shopping online, and buying cryptocurrency. On the other hand, the Skrill Business account has extra features which help users save money, and time and increase customer satisfaction. It also enables businesses to send and accept payments online.
How to open a Skrill Personal Account
Here are a few steps to follow to open a Skrill personal account.
- Visit Skrill’s official website.
- Fill in the required details such as your name, country, currency, email address, and password.
- Then click the ‘submit’ button.
How to open a Skrill Business Account
You can create a Skrill Business account with the following steps.
- Log in to the Skrill Business page.
- Click on ‘Get Business Account’ and enter your email address.
- Enter the required details such as website link, market details, business, ownership, and contact information.
- Tick the checkboxes displayed to confirm that you agree to the terms, conditions, and policies of the account.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
How to Fund my Skrill Account in Nigeria
Once you have successfully created your Skrill account, you are set to fund it. You must note that there are different funding options available to you. We have described them below.
- Through Direct Bank Transfer: Skrill allows you to fund your account directly from your bank. However, transfers from the bank may take about two to five days before it appears in your Skrill account. Also, any deposit made from the bank to your Skrill account must be from a bank account held in your name.
- Through Bank Cards: You can also fund your Skrill account using your bank cards either debit or credit card.
- Other payment methods: Skrill offers a variety of payment methods such as PaySafeCard, giropay, RAPID, etc, which you can choose from while funding your account. Nevertheless, Skrill users in Nigeria can only choose payment options that are available in the country.
How to Make Payments on Skrill
Below are the steps to follow to make payments on Skrill.
- Log in to your Skrill account.
- Click the payment icon.
- Enter the amount and other details
- Select your preferred payment method
- Click ‘Pay Now’.
Is Skrill available in Nigeria?
Yes. Skrill is available in Nigeria.
Can you transfer money from Paypal to Skrill?
No. You can’t directly deposit money from your Paypal account to your Skrill account. However, you can make a deposit using their credit/debit card, if they have any.
Does Skrill charge any fee?
Yes, it does. Skrill charges a deposit fee of 2.50% globally while its withdrawal fees are 3.49% for local payment methods and 7.50% for withdrawals with bank cards.
Is there a Skrill App?
Yes, there is. The Skrill app has all the features available on the website and is very easy to navigate.